Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pixies for Baby Mac

I've had the top of this quilt pieced for well over a month now, but for one reason or another, I never made a point to sit down and finish it. I realized the other day that Mama Mac is due in October so I better get crackin! It is made with Alexander Henry's Pocket Pixies, some Michael Miller Dumb Dots, and others from my (ever growing...) stash.




I simply cannot stop looking at these cute little pixies. The middle one is my fave!





I backed the quilt with a very simple floral cream. I would have loved to do the same dandelion fabric as the border, but I really wanted to use what I had on hand. Seeing as though the backing was really simple, I decided to add a fun little detail. I sewed on some chocolate brown ruffle trim before I added the binding. It took me a bit longer to do, but it was totally worth it.


I think it looks just darling. It may be my favorite thing about the quilt, mostly because I picture Baby Mac playing with those ruffles while she's laying on her quilt. Can't wait to meet her...

1 comment: