Monday, March 28, 2011

My first quilt...

...and my first post! I thought I would join the bloggy-blog world, if only to help me organize all the crafting that I am doing. I find it utterly hilarious right now that I am trying to find something clever to say, even though no one, in all likelyhood, is going to be reading this but me! Sigh.

Anyways, enough pretend pitty party. The first quilt! A simple (and by simple I mean, twelve hours and four broken needles later...) rag quilt. It was made especially for Karl and Becky's little girl due in April.


The front



The back



I love how the colors aren't especially girly. After Abbie was born, I felt like our house exploded in pink!


Here's a close up of the tags I made for all my craftiness. I like the design I created, but am not too happy with how the iron-on transfer is holding up in the dryer. I'll have to try something else next time...

I am going to be making a matching drawstring bag for Big Sis Emily with some of the leftover fabric. The quilt was also practice for the quilt I have started working on for Abbie's big girl bed. Hmm. Maybe I should go work on one of those other projects now...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You did a great job!! :o)
    I love making rag quilts.
    They were my first too! :o)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely, Trish
    ps. Glad you joined the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete