Monday, November 28, 2011

Me and my sewing table



The long holiday weekend provided me with much needed sewing time, although I was left still wishing for more! I finished up my potholder for a swap I did with the gals from the Madison Modern Quilt Guild. I wanted to get two or three done, but with all the other projects that needed to be done this weekend, it just wasn't going to happen. So instead I just used some scraps to mod podge a few clothespins. I think they turned out quite cute.


That butterfly was just asking to be fussy cut!


All wrapped up for the swap!


I received this potholder made by the talented Andria. I laughed because I was this close to using some of my Amy Butler scraps on my potholder.


It's just too pretty to use in the kitchen where chubby little hands can get at it. So for now it sits on my sewing table. Looks pretty good there, if you ask me.


Finished off the Baby Safari quilt, as well. FINALLY! I whipped up a cute little giraffe to match, too. Now if only that sweet little thing would hurry up and get here already! I know Mama is waiting not so patiently...


I used a higher loft batting for the first time and had some issues with puckering. I'm still pretty happy with the back, though I doubt I will buy that batting again. Speaking of batting, I scored a great deal at Jo-Ann's on Saturday so I am all stocked up for three new quilts in the works!

And since it was in the mid 50s on Friday and Benji had to go to Tennessee this week, the kids helped put up the Christmas lights. The house is ready for Christmas...well, the outside is anyways. Inside...not so much!

I also finished up my gifts for the Craftaholics Gift Exchange, but I will share that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment