Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slowly but surely



A little girl in this house turned three on Tuesday! We celebrated at home with presents and cake, but we will have a birthday party with some other family members on Saturday. With Ben being gone for work again, I have slowly but surely been getting ready for the requested "Princess and Dragon" birthday party. These little beauties will be the gift bags for the Princess and her little dragon cousins!


I used Jeni's pattern over at In Color Order. I met Jeni through my local modern quilt guild and honestly, you will not find a nicer girl! She is uber-talented and full of great ideas. If you haven't seen her blog yet, go now! I have made the drawstring bag before using the free tutorial on her blog. It is so easy and quick. The first one I made I picked fabric, cut my fabric, and finished sewing the bag together in the hour my daughter "napped". Awesome! She sells a pattern with eight different sizes that I ended up buying because I wanted a different size than the free tutorial size. I was going to try and make up my own measurements, but I figured the cost of the pattern was definitely worth the amount of time (and frustration!) I would save. I ended up making six, two for the princesses and four for the dragons that will be in attendance. My son has already told me that he is going to use his to carry his nerf darts around the back yard. I think that means he likes it! I can't wait to fill them up with goodies for the party. But for now I need to get going on the shopping list so there will be food for the little princesses and dragons to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment