Friday, April 27, 2012

Now we wait!

I finished up the last of my sewing for my niece. I've decided that with her arrival coming in about two weeks time, I should stop calling her Sassypants! She did earn the name however - four ultrasounds to determine that it was a girl??!! C'mon!


Along with her quilt, I also made a fitted sheet for her crib. It's the Snoopy fabric peeking out from under those adorable onesies (that I obviously bought!). My sister had a difficult time finding Snoopy accessories this time around so I bought some fabric at JoAnn's and used this tutorial. Super easy, but threading the elastic around the entire sheet took longer than all the sewing combined! Phew! Totally worth it though because I know my Snoopy-loving sis will love it. I also made some burp cloths to match the quilt. I had scraps left over from the quilt and basically just sewed a strip of the fabric down the center of the cloth diaper. As Charlie says, "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"


I wrapped everything up in the quilt. Once Charlie gets home from school, we'll head into Milwaukee to surprise Melissa with some good food, great company, and fabulous baby girl gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I have and love a lot of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete